Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 8: Christ Centered Church, Block L

715AM

I want to talk about Willem. Willem is cool. He has rolled with so many schedule changes and miscommunications it's ridiculous. He drives everyone everywhere, is constantly on the phone working stuff out and wears the hell out of a sweater, button-down combo. I appreciate him so much.

1144AM

Inasmuch as art is ever done, we've finished the wall. One guy who walked by told Andrew that the painting had hijacked his attention. Andrew, you're a good art director and a great artist. I may never get this paint off my hands, but that's cool. In 6 months when I'm scrubbing a T6 spot on my thumb in desperation, in between curses I will think of the engin petrol station in block L and find peace.

Time to play some hot jams for Jesus. Where is the white half of my band?

5PM

I just want to take this opportunity to point out my awesome use of the word inasmuch earlier. That's for the ladies of my small group back home.

504PM

By the way, the United States has got to get with the meat pie program. Man, those things are good.

I'll tell you what else is good; Township Burgers. Soul brothers and sisters, you may have been born again, but you haven't lived until you've had one. It's a big-ace piece of bread with a hot dog, french fries, some kind of spicy vegetable, mango and sausage. It's freaking killer.

520PM

And I'll tell you something else that's good: our band. Our band is going to bring the dang thunder to Christ Centered Church tomorrow. I'm so thankful to the guys here; Mandla, Terry, Thando, Israel, Zachele, Harold. I'm messing up all their names but I love those guys. We had church today for about 5 hours on that stage. I'm tired. Tomorrow is the big day.

6PM

I realized today that each one of us is specially made for a purpose. It's one of those things I should have already known but didn't. I've been so down all week feeling like I'm defective. But I'm not defective. I'm just specialized. When I got on that stage today I came alive. This is what I can give. Am I'm ok with that.

There's a lesson here. If you're good at performing, don't be afraid of that. Just like if you're good at teaching, or caring for people, or doing the behind the scenes things, thats what you should do. Some think that all Christians need to be the kind of people that are good with kids and good at comforting people and always have the right thing to say. Forget all that. Find what you were made to do and do it. And don't let anyone tell you that's not good enough. We are the body of Christ and you are an individual creation. Amen. Let's eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment