Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 12: Back Seat In the Middle With My Feet On the Hump

9AM

Baboons trashed our kitchen last night. No joke, I heard them outside about 330AM just jammin. In the morning we found the window to the kitchen yanked open and the whole place was wrecked. It...was...AWESOME!

That's how our day started at 6AM. Then we got to freeze to near death on a game ride where, once again, no elephants were produced. Killer sunrise though. Time to haggle with shopkeepers and get some souvenirs.

9PM

That's it then. I have gifts for the kids. I have new friends. I have some kind of chest infection. I have a plane ticket. I have a new understanding of faith. I have new reasons to pray. I have no more clean socks. I have no more excuses. I have a broken heart. It's not a journey if it doesn't change you.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment